At Fish4Dogs we make a range of super premium natural food and treats for dogs and cats with the important difference that we only use fish.
So why are we so enthusiastic about the humble fish?
- FISH IS A FANTASTIC FOOD – WE SHOULD ALL EAT MORE FISH
- Fish is naturally rich in Omega 3;
- Fish is a high quality easily digestible protein
- Fish has stronger tastes and aromas that dogs adore.
A fish rich diet can help with:
- Coat condition – The Omega 3 in Fish oils will do wonders for your dogs coat.
- Skin condition – The Omega 3 in Fish oils help reduce dry and irritated skin.
- Joint Mobility – the anti inflammatory properties of Omega 3 can help make tired and aching joints more supple.
- Brain and eye development – Omega 3 and the mineral balance in Fish is a major factor in development.
- Digestion and gut health– The easier digestibility of fish protein reduces the growth of unwanted gut bacteria and is a help for dogs with sensitive tummies and older dogs with slower digestive systems.
- A taste dogs adore – the stronger aromas and flavours of fish are a welcome alternative to more bland foods often found these days
WHY IS FISH SO HEALTHY?
- Rich in Omega 3 - Fish is one of the richest natural sources of Omega 3 specifically the beneficial EPA and DHA forms. The anti-inflammatory effects of Omega 3 make it great for coat, skin and joints.
- Fish is a wonderful Protein – There are many sources of protein – meat, eggs, milk and yes, you guessed it Fish. But not all proteins are the same - Fish proteins are more easily digested and have lower levels of saturated fats and sugars.
- Fish oils produce sebum - waxy oil that coats the hair, quickly improving coat condition.
- Fish, especially Salmon, contains natural anti-oxidants that mop up harmful free-radicals
- Fish contains high levels of cartilage, a rich source of glucosamine and chondroitin, further helping with joint health.
- Dogs love the taste of Fish – The overuse of processed meats and cereal has made many modern dog foods bland resulting in many picky dogs. Dogs prefer the stronger tastes and aromas that they find in fish.
- Wheat free –Sensitivity to wheat and other grains is commonplace with modern dogs so we use potato and pea as the carbohydrate – low levels of sensitive reaction and high in Vitamins C, B6 and Potassium.