Fish4Dogs are committed to complying with the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 2018, once enacted. Looking after the personal information you share with us is very important, and we want you to be confident that your personal data is kept safely and securely and to understand how we use it to offer you a better and more personalised shopping experience.
We have published this notice to help you understand;
- how and why Fish4Dogs collect information from you,
- who we share your information with,
- why and on what basis,
- and what your rights are.
If we make changes to this notice we will notify you by updating it on our website. Fish4Dogs will be what is known as the ‘Data Controller’ of the personal data you provide to us, and we will sometimes refer to ourselves in this notice as “we” or “us”. By Data Controller, this means Fish4Dogs determines the purposes and way in which any personal data are, or will be, processed.
What information we collect when you register and why?
When you register for an account with us, we will ask you to provide some personal information such as;
- full name,
- phone number,
- email address.
Depending on the type of account you wish to create, we may also ask you for some or all of the following information;
- puppy’s name, breed, size and date of birth,
- breed of dog used for breeding, number of breeding bitches, Kennel Club registered affix.
If you wish to buy goods from us, you are entering into a contract with us. You will need to provide us with the following information;
- billing address,
- shipping address,
- delivery instructions,
- payment details.
New customers and existing customers whose payment cards have expired will be asked if they would like to automatically store these details in order to speed up the payment process.
As an existing customer if you have shopped with us using a credit or debit card, or we have taken these details for a payment authorisation, we will securely collect and store this payment card information excluding the CVC/security number.
How do we use your information?
Data Protection says that we are allowed to use and share your personal data only where we have a proper reason to do so. The law says we must have one or more of these reasons and these are:
- Contract - your personal information is processed in order to fulfil a contractual arrangement e.g. in order to send you your Fish4Dogs order.
- Consent – where you agree to us using your information in this way e.g. for storing your payment card details.
- Legitimate Interests - this means the interests of Fish4Dogs in managing our business to allow us to provide you with the best products and service in the most secure and appropriate way e.g. to transfer your data to certain Third Party’s such as delivery partners.
- Legal Obligation – where there is statutory or other legal requirement to share the information e.g. when we have to share your information for law enforcement purposes.
Who we share your information with and why
Fish4Dogs works with a number of trusted suppliers, agencies and businesses in order to provide you the high quality goods and services you expect from us.
Some examples of the categories of third parties with whom we share your data are:
- Delivery Partners - In order for you to receive your goods, Fish4Dogs works with a number of delivery partners. Again, we only pass limited information to them in order to ensure delivery of your items.
- IT Companies - Fish4Dogs works with business who support our website and other business systems.
- Marketing Companies - We work with marketing companies who carry out product reviews on our behalf.
- Payment Processing - Fish4Dogs works with trusted third party payment processing providers in order to securely take and manage payments.
Keeping in touch with you
We want to keep you up to date with information about new ranges, special offers and improvements to our website. When you set your account up, we will ask you if you want to receive this type of marketing information.
Fish4Dogs will not share your information with any other companies for their marketing purposes.
If you decide you do not want to receive this marketing information you can request that we stop via My Account online or the unsubscribe link within the email.
You will continue to receive transactional and service related mailings but not marketing communications.
How long we keep your information
If we collect your personal information, the length of time we retain it is determined by a number of factors including the purpose for which we use that information and our obligations under other laws.
We may need your personal information to establish, bring or defend legal claims. For this purpose, we will always retain your personal information for 7 years after the date it is no longer needed by us for any of the purposes listed under How we use your information above. The only exceptions to this are where:
- the law requires us to hold your personal information for a longer period, or delete it sooner;
- you exercise your right to have the information erased (where it applies) and we do not need to hold it in connection with any of the reasons permitted or required under the law;
- we bring or defend a legal claim or other proceedings during the period we retain your personal information, in which case we will retain your personal information until those proceedings have concluded and no further appeals are possible;
- or in limited cases, existing or future law or a court or regulator requires us to keep your personal information for a longer or shorter period.
What are your rights
You are entitled to request the following from Fish4Dogs, these are called your Data Subject Rights and there is more information on these on the Information Commissioners website www.ico.org.uk
- Right of access – to request access to your personal information and information about how we process it,
- Right to rectification – to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed,
- Right to erasure (also known as the Right to be Forgotten) – to have your personal information erased. Contact customer service 01299 252 352,
- Right to restriction of processing – to restrict processing of your personal information,
- Right to data portability - to electronically move, copy or transfer your personal information in a standard form,
- Right to object - to object to processing of your personal information,
- Rights with regards to automated individual decision making, including profiling –rights relating to automated decision making, including profiling.
If you have any general questions about your rights or want to exercise your rights please contact email@example.com
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection regulator in Europe, in particular in a country you work or live or where your legal rights have been infringed. The contact details for the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the data protection regulator in the UK, are available on the ICO website www.ico.org.uk where your personal information has or is being used in a way that you believe does not comply with data, however, we encourage you to contact us before making any complaint and we will seek to resolve any issues or concerns you may have.