Why Should I Feed My Dog Fish4Dogs?
Including fish in your dog's diet has lots of health benefits and fish is a taste that dogs simply adore.
At Fish4Dogs we are proud of everything that goes into our food.
We make food using a few select high-quality ingredients – every one of which has a vital role to play in giving your dog a high quality, healthy natural food.
- A single source protein from fish – high quality easily digestible protein rich in Omega 3.
- Oils and fats – high quality single source oils from fish oils
- Vitamins and minerals – ensuring fully balanced and complete foods
- Carbohydrates – we use potato and pea. Low sensitivity carbohydrate with a balanced glycaemic index
- Beet pulp – a source of fibre, binding foods so aiding passage through the gut
What we leave out matters just as much as what we put in. We have not used, and will never use, some of the unhealthy and, in our view unnecessary ingredients used by a number of leading brands.
- Grain Free: Our foods do not use grains – we prefer the better, but more expensive, carbohydrates, potato and pea
- No artificial preservatives: We use mixed natural tocopherols and rosemary
- No added sugars: Some dog foods add quantities of sugar to make their foods more palatable – we don’t, it's unhealthy and fish is already very palatable.
- No fillers: Some foods bulk out with fillers giving little nutritional value- we don’t – every ingredient in our foods is there for a good reason
- No colourings
Contains Omega 3
Omega 3 is what is called an essential fatty acid and its main effect is as an anti-inflammatory helping with coat condition, skin condition, mobility and cardiac health.
Chewing is a great way to promote healthy teeth and gums. Treats like our Sea Jerky, are a perfect way to encourage your dog to chew and the rough texture helps remove tartar.
The easier digestibility of fish protein reduces the growth of unwanted gut bacteria and is a help for dogs with sensitive tummies and older dogs with slower digestive systems.
Grain Free Recipe
Sensitivity to wheat and other grains is commonplace with modern dogs, so we use potato and pea as the carbohydrate in our food.
The combination of minerals, vitamins, protein, fibre and Omega 3 in fish create a perfectly balanced food that gives puppies everything they need for strong and healthy development.
Skin & Coat Support
A fish diet can help reduce inflamed skin and increase skin hydration which not only leads to good skin health but also promotes great coat condition.
Supports Joint Health
Omega 3 can help reduce joint inflammation and cartilage breakdown resulting in better joint mobility.
Tasty for dogs
With a strong smell and flavour, dogs find fish a welcome and tasty alternative to most bland pet foods.